Youth Service and Ministry
Youth service takes place every Sunday during the 10 am service following worship.
Youth Pastor Matthew Casamina
Our youth department is based on the core values of Calvary Church of the Islands: The Word, The Worship, and the People. Our youth are taught the Word of God because “All scripture is God Breathed.” 2 Timothy 3:16 NIV. God breathed his words into the Bible so that we would have a relationship with Him. He desires us to reach out to him, through praise and worship, because He has reached out to us. Ultimately, our desire should be to share God’s Word with others. “If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” Romans 10:9 NIV.
CCI Youth Mission Statement
Know God – We believe in God, and therefore believe that the bible is fact.
- 2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is God Breathed.
Relationship with God – Having a relationship with God is a two-way street. God is reaching out to us, but we need to reach for him too.
- Acts 17:27 God made everything “God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us.”
- Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
Praise God – God desires us to worship Him. Let us praise Him using the Spirit, or Holy Spirit, that we have received from our belief in Jesus Christ.
- WORSHIP – John 4:23-24 ” 23Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”
Serve God – God has served us by allowing His Son to die on the cross for our sins. We need to show others, that same love, through service and fellowship.
- PEOPLE – 1 John 4:20 Build the fellowship. love & desire to serve each other. We love because he loved first.
Share God – It’s time to let everyone know that we are saved through the faith in Jesus Christ. He died for us on the cross and gives us salvation.
- Romans 10:9-10 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.